Aquatic Physical Therapy
Exercise, recover from injury, and reduce pain with Aquatic Physical Therapy in Asheville!
Aquatic Physical Therapy, also known as Water Therapy, uses the natural buoyancy of water to reduce the stress on the body and help patients exercise, recover from injury, and reduce pain. The water provides a safe place to perform movements that may be painful, difficult, or impossible on land.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
Improved Balance and Fall Reduction
Increased Joint Range of Motion
The water’s warmth, natural buoyancy, and resistance properties combine to create a fun, engaging, and effective environment to perform physical therapy. Aquatic therapy helps you build strength, endurance, and confidence prior to resuming activities on land.
Next Level Rehab Asheville’s specially trained physical therapy team will create a customized Aquatic Therapy care plan that will help you achieve your goals. Some techniques used may include Ai Chi, Aqua Stretch and Bad Ragaz.
Your physician may recommend Aquatic Therapy if you have:
- Difficulty walking
- Balance deficits and/or a history of falls
- Chronic Pain & Fibromyalgia
- Neurological conditions like Stroke and Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Weakness and Deconditioning following COVID-19
The specialty water therapy pool is located within the Reuter Family YMCA in South Asheville and features:
- 92-degree water that promotes healing
- An accessible chair lift for patients unable to climb stairs
- Multiple levels and depths for performing different activities
- Railings and Grab Bars for extra stability
Ready to take your next step?
Follow us on social media:
We accept Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, and Cigna
©2023 Next Level Rehab, LLC